You are taking a birth class, a breastfeeding class, a newborn care class but what about a class that is focused on your body as a whole? This class is exactly that. In this 2-hour workshop you will learn the essential information every pregnant woman should know about how to take care of her physical body during pregnancy to feel the best, prepare for birth and improve postpartum recovery outcomes.
This class will include both lecture and experiential components. Some of the topics covered:
- What exactly is the pelvic floor and why just doing or not doing Kegels isn’t the answer
- Pelvic floor awareness exercises to feel the relaxation needed for birth
- Pregnancy posture education to improve comfort level -The role of the abdominals in pregnancy
- Safe daily exercises to stabilize the body and prepare for birth
- Normal postpartum recovery timeline -What you can do in the first few weeks postpartum to improve your recovery
- Guidelines to know when you are really ready to return to exercise postpartum
- Time to ask questions
$5 off when you register at least two weeks in advance!!